Makeup Tips for Eyes, Lips and Face
When I hit my 30's, I decided to get more serious about skin care and makeup. I've become a regular at Department Store 'Bonus Days', when you buy an item and get a bunch of samples for free! Cosmetics and makeup can be fun, easy and inexpensive if you follow these tips!
1. For great looking eyes make sure to use powder shadows for a natural look and a eyeliner pencil for drama at night. Make sure the liner has a smudge tip at one end to get that smoky eye look. Only line the top of the eye is you're looking tired. You don't want to bring more attention to dark circles under the eyes. Neutral tones with a hint of color are flattering on everybody.
2. For sheen on the eyelids, dab a bit of Vaseline for a pretty reflective quality, as well as moisture.
3. Open up the eye with a gold/beige shimmery high lighter onto the brow bone.
4. Don't throw away cash on an expensive eye makeup remover! Find a pretty glass bottle and fill it with baby shampoo.
5. If your cream eye shadow dries out, use a few drops of water or mineral oil to soften it up again.
5. Potatoes, like cucumbers, will reduce the appearance of dark, under-eye circles.
1. Use blush as a lipstick, then use clear gloss or lip balm over it. Longer staying power.
2. Natural ingredients have been used for centuries as makeup: apply beet juice to lips and cheeks as a stain,or mix it with melted bees wax to make your own lip balm! Cayenne pepper can plump the lips, but use with caution!
3. Use eye makeup remover to treat super dry, chapped lips. It's a great nighttime lip treatment!
1. For a longer lasting foundation try a product with silicone. The silicone creates a sweat-proof and smudge resistant second skin. For me, I find it helps with my rosacea because the live yeast extract has healing powers.
2. A powder bronzer under blush can really even out skin tone. I dab my brush in the bronzer, then into the blush and lightly cover my whole face.
3. For a new bronzer, use a foundation that is two to three shades darker than your skin tone and apply where you would use your bronzer. In a pinch you could use a brown eye shadow.
4. Papaya mixed with plain yogurt into a paste makes a great exfoliating mask for all skin types!
5. Use an egg white mask for a quick fix for diminishing the appearance of pores.
Jane Arnold is a freelance writer and part-time beauty buff. You can get more health and beauty tips at her website at: http://www.girlyside.com/girlyside.html The website is a girl's guide to health, beauty, love and leisure. Sign up for the free newsletter at http://www.girlyside.com/newsletter.html
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
The Best Beauty Treatments For TravelersForbesNot only does this five-star palace boast the most Michelin-starred restaurants on the island, a dreamy private beach club and epic sunset views from its impeccably dressed suites, but it also has an impressive medical spa, Capri Beauty Farm by Mytha SPA.
Traveling beauty must-havesWJLAWASHINGTON (ABC7) — With a record-breaking travel season upon us, sometimes our favorite products don't make it into our carry-on bags. So lifestyle expert Valerie Greenberg helped make sure you're stocked with the best beauty essentials on the road ...
Taking Photos While Youre Protecting Your Skin
If you're a shutterbug like me, and you enjoy taking photos outdoors, you will often find yourself in direct sunlight.Other than protecting yourself from the sun by wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses, and by applying sunscreen every two hours, there is one more thing you can do.
The Fountain of Youth
The fountain of youth has always been the most sought-after yet illusive pursuit of man. Does it truly exist? Yes, it does, but not in a tangible form.
Skin Calling: Pure-Plant and Vitamin Topical Solutions for Youthful Skin
In today's busy, stressful and at times rat race world, women and men are aging before their years. The next time you reach for that cigar or ette, try reaching for your skin care regimine instead.
The Maharishi Ayurveda Approach to Beauty and Skin Care with Nancy Lonsdorf M.D.
"Every person is born perfect. Inferiority is a mistake of the mind, a cloud covering the light.
Healthier Skin Naturally in 7 Days or Less
Many people think that drastic measures are required in order to have flawless, youthful skin. Nothing could be further from the truth.
New Sources of Hyaluronic Acid Provide Hope for Increased Availability
Recent research into the purification of Hyaluronic acid (HA) from the vitreous humor of fish has shown great promise. This method is highly efficient and easier than derivation from rooster combs and other traditional sources of HA.
Collagen injection is a type of cosmetic procedure that augments skin and soft tissue to make them firmer and younger looking. The benefits of collagen injections are that collagen is a natural substance to be in the body so it incorporates with the body and doesn't degrade as quickly over time, there aren't serious complications or side effects, and it is a non-invasive procedure.
The Secret To A Good Tan Is In The Bulb
The secrets out! Tanning bed bulbs in salon tanning beds, are a big part of the secret to that perfect tan. With the wide range of bulbs available for tanning beds you can have any depth of tan you desire.
SPF? What Does It All Mean?
Spf or sun protection factor, is the amount of increased protection a sunscreen provides. If you are like most people, you will begin burning after 15 minutes without protection.
Hyaluronic Acid - Newest Celebrity Beauty Secret?
We can always count on celebrities to serve as guinea pigs for the latest cosmetic and beauty treatments. During the Botox ? craze, even director Martin Scorsese commented that he couldn't find actresses who could frown anymore! Perhaps actors, politicians, musicians and the like all grew tired of looking like Stepford wives because the latest cosmetic craze involves Hyaluronic acid, a key component of human tissue, providing the body with essential moisture and a viable way to erase wrinkles without the loss of facial expression.
Liposuction, or Baggy Clothes?
Let's face it ladies. There are very few of us that can happily go about living our day to day life without having to carry around with us some degree of 'pads of fat' that have been laid down upon our thighs, buttocks, stomachs and in some cases, upper arms since the beginning of our estrogen secretion (which is responsible for our curved contours, to many for most of us) since the onset of puberty.
Make Your Pores Behave
Smooth and soft skin, even tone, rosy glow, pores invisible to the naked eye..
Plastic Surgey: The New Beauty Norm?
This is a good topic to discuss especially now since the popularity of all the make-over shows. I have always been curious as to why people, mostly women, have this idea that they are expected to look a certain way in order to "fit in" with society.
Natural Ways to Treat Stretch Marks
Pregnancy is a wonderful time in a woman's life. One aspect of child-bearing, however, may not be so welcomed.
What is Digital Nail Art?
How is the procedure performed?After the nails are given a basic manicure, which involves cleaning the nail, removing the cuticle and any dead skin around the edge of the nail.
The nails can then be given a base coat (usually a strong white) to enhance a coloured design.
7 Tips to Keep Your Skin Looking Great
1. Healthy Food: Keep your skin fresh and glowing by eating antioxidant-rich foods.
How To Wear Contact Lenses In The Allergy Season
The allergy seasons are a real challenge, especially if you
wear contact lenses. A chronic allergy to mold, pet dander
or other environmental allergens can create a year-round
Contact Lens Chaos with Colorful Eyes
If you have teenagers, then you will encounter this end-of-the-world dilemma at some point if you haven't already. There's a big party or concert or some other function that everyone who is anyone is going to be attending and your teenager wants to stand out and have this be their night (although they'll never admit it).
Differences Between Perfume And Perfume Oils
The history of perfume oils dates back to ancient Egypt when these fine scented oils were presented to royalty as gifts. In modern times, however, when the word "perfume" is said, most people think of department store fragrances, which consist mainly of the concentrated oil and alcohol solution.
Eyelid Plastic Surgery
Blepharoplasty, commonly known as eyelid surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess fat, skin and muscle from the area around the eyes. As people age, their skin loses elasticity, they accumulate more fat and their muscles lose tone.