Seven Quick and Simple Reminders for Healthy Skin
Healthy skin is a sign of good health. The skin is the largest vital organ in our body comprising of about two billion cells and has a surface area of around two square meters.
Oftentimes, the radiant, glowing and smooth skin of a person gets our attention, and be ultimately envious. The truth is nobody can blame us. A beautiful skin is always worthy of attention and praise. It spells great responsibility for the person to take care of his skin that way. And although only very few people can actually have the perfect skin and complexion, we too can do something to bring out the best in our skin.
Here are quick and simple ways that we can care for our skin.
1. Nourish your skin by eating the proper foods. This means healthy and balanced diet. Healthy and balanced diet promotes our general well- being and optimizes our body to function at its best. To have a healthy skin, eat plenty of seed food i.e. fruits that contain seeds, vegetables - organic vegetables are better as it contains additional nutrients.
2. Drink plenty of water. The recommended eight glasses of water a day is essential in maintaining the skin's elasticity and suppleness. Water also clears your skin and aids in the proper elimination of waste. Remember, less waste products in your body, more beautiful skin.
3. Exercise regularly. Exercise is good for our heart and body. Even our skin benefits with exercise by increasing blood circulation and thus bringing enough oxygen and nutrients to the rest of our body. Exercise also triggers the body to produce more sebum that is the body's natural moisturizer.
4. Be smoke and alcohol- free. Smoking tends to destroy the Vitamin C in your body, damage the elastic tissues that keep the skin tight. Drinking liquor on the other hand tends to expand your blood vessels causing red spots and itchiness on your skin.
5. Cleanse it. Cleaning plays an important part in the overall wellness of your skin. Experts agree that we should gently clean our skin; tone it; moisturize it; and exfoliate it.
6. Protect your skin. Harsh elements can severely damage your skin and can lead to irritation and infection. Wear sunscreen with at least SPF 15 every time you go out of the sun. For outdoor activity, use SPF 45 because you'll be perspiring, which dilutes the sunscreen. For those who are very fair, who have red hair, blue eyes and freckles, add a total block that contains titanium or zinc.
7. Rest. Get plenty of rest. You are giving your skin a time to rejuvenate and heal while you rest. Stress is extremely bad for your skin and body. It indirectly creates instability in your hormonal system, which in turn leads to more skin problems like breakouts and acne.
Acne Cure Review - http://www.acnecureremedy.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
The Spice Girl, The Beauty Queen And Girl Power 2018-StyleForbesCharrlotte De'Davis changed her first name by deed poll, inserting a second R to honor her Ghanaian grandmother. Former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell simply changed hers by marriage to Geri Horner. Now the founder of Bardou Beauty and the former Spice Girl ...
Triple Duty BeautyFOX31 DenverWe're all looking for ways to multi-task in life and find the perfect beauty hack with multiple benefits. If we could find the right concealer and foundation in one bottle, or find a hydrating product that actually had healing and firming benefits all ...
YouCam Makeup combines AI, AR for Beauty 3.0Retail DivePerfect Corp. has launched the latest version of its YouCam Makeup app, called Beauty 3.0, combining artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, augmented reality (AR) and human touch learnings, according to a press release. The concept is to provide a ...
Natural Prescription for Eczema
-Identify food allergies and eliminate the offending foods from you diet. Eggs, milk, cheese, chocolate, peanuts, soy, potatoes, and the glutens in wheat are common allergenic foods.
7 Tips to Help You Avoid Buying a Destructive Soap or Cleanser if You Have a Skin Problem
Psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, and any other skin problems are irritated very easily by most soaps. As a former psoriasis sufferer I would estimate I tried at least 30 different soaps hoping that would cure my psoriasis.
The Fountain of Youth
The fountain of youth has always been the most sought-after yet illusive pursuit of man. Does it truly exist? Yes, it does, but not in a tangible form.
The other day, I indulged in one of my many guilty pleasures. Specifically, I watched a programme called "Face Lifts From Hell.
Hyaluronic Acid Secures its Place Among Wrinkle Removal Products
Hyaluronic acid has firmly secured its place among wrinkle removal products. Specifically, hyaluronic acid is now commonly being considered for use alongside botox, collagen and fat injections in the fight against wrinkles.
Divine Food for Divine Beauty
Excerpted from the book "Your Right to Be Beautiful: How to Halt the Train of Aging and Meet the Most Beautiful You" by Tonya Zavasta. The book is available at: http://www.
Look Younger Now!:
While we have made significant progress in our understanding of the human body and of life, still we find that the vital health and youthfulness we're looking for is somewhat elusive. What we scientists ultimately come to recognize is that the "Fountain of Youth" lies "naturally" within each of us.
The Attraction of Pigtails
Very young girls wear their hair in pigtails because their mommies do their hair for them. Of course, this is because the hairstyle is easy and moms just want their little girls to look cute.
What Is This Passion for Tanning?
Tanned skin is very popular among gorgeous women. Everybody
wants to have attractive bronzed looks.
The Truth About Home Made Facials
I started making facial masks after reading several books on natural cosmetics. Common ingredients used in home made facials are eggs, lemon, milk, honey, cucumber, tomato, essential oils and lots more fruits, herbs and other ingredients.
Tanning Bed Supplies -- Addons that Really Count!
So you are getting on a tanning bed. What next??No tanning experience is complete without the use of the entire range of quality tanning bed supplies.
Dangers of Tanning Beds and How to Prevent Them!
The subject of the dangers of tanning beds use has been the crux of many a debate among beauty experts and skin specialists alike. So before you go and get that tan, its important to understand some key tanning bed facts and the possible side effects of tanning bed usage.
Sunblock. Your Most Important Cosmetic
Your Most Important Cosmetic? Sunblock by a mile!Are you a skin care junkie? Is your bathroom closet overflowing with bottles and jars? Does the content of these bottles and jars actually do anything to improve your skin?My guess is "sometimes". We all get seduced by promises of younger looking skin or banish wrinkles overnight.
Getting Rid of Cellulite - The Best Anti Cellulite Creams, Treatments and Remedies
It is estimated that about 95% of all women have cellulite. That is a staggering number, and seems almost impossible to beat! We are lucky enough to live in an age where cosmetic and "nutraceutical" technology is becoming so advanced, getting rid of cellulite is becoming easier, more affordable, and faster.
Important Facts You Must Know About Dandruff
Do you know that dandruff affects about 70% of the American
population? Do you know that they spend $300,000,000 trying
to get rid of it?Dandruff is the most widespread problem of the scalp! But you
must understand that it is not contagious and it is not a disease! Dandruff can not threaten your life, but it often threatens your mental peace.Shedding of skin is a natural phenomenon.
What is the Best Treatment for Grey Hair
When your hair goes grey it is due to the fact that the cells in the hair follicles called "Melanocytes" no longer generate pigment, the main one being melanin. The hair follicle loses all pigment over time and eventually goes white.
Taking the Leap: Short Hair Styles Great For School
Imagine the splash you'll make as you walk into class with a new short haircut, one that exudes confidence and style. Will your friends recognize you? Will the teachers do a double take?Short hair styles are great for school because they are so easy to care for and they really make a statement.
Discover The Make-Up Artist in You
As a licensed cosmetologist, I would like to share how to
develop the art of truly being a makeup artist on your own
face.First, please toss out old ideas you may have had, as well
as the "one size fits all" beauty tips you've picked up
along the way.
Natural Mineral Makeup, a Natural Alternative to Greasy Makeup
Mineral Makeup is a natural alternative to acne causing and pore clogging oil based makeups that dominate the market. Cosmetics are big business, but just because something costs more doesn't mean it's better for your skin.
Importance of Your Skins pH
One of the most important roles of our skin is to protect our 'insides' from the external environment, acting both as a barrier and a filter between 'outside' and 'inside'. In addition, the skin is involved in regulating our body's temperature, like when we have a fever or we're physically working hard, we tend to sweat, which is the body's way to attempt to lower the temperature.