Top Ten Tips for Beautiful Skin
Is Beauty Skin Deep?
The answer is yes and no. It's a paradox, isn't it? True beauty begins from the inside out. Don't you wish there was some way to "wriggle your nose" and regain that soft skin you had as a child? Well, until someone comes up with the true "Fountain of Youth" we are stuck with what we have.
The best route to healthy skin is to take care of what you have. Sounds simple, doesn't it?
The truth is that your skin takes a beating from the environment every single day. Here are
some of our favorite tips for keeping your skin fresh and healthy:
1. Stay hydrated and do it with plenty of water! That doesn't mean soda, caffeine or any
other type of liquid even if it is low cal. Soda (even diet soda) has a high concentration
of sodium. Sodium retains fluids. You need fluid that will hydrate and flush your body free
of toxins. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses a day!
2. Protect your skin from harmful ultra violet (UV) rays. We all love the sun. We love being in
it and we love having a beautiful tan. The truth is you can poison yourself with too much sunshine.
UV rays cause skin cancer and if that isn't bad enough it causes your skin to age faster than
it should contributing to unsightly wrinkles. If you must play in the sun, make certain you are
using an adequate sun screen. Don't leave home without it!
3. Apply your sun screen even if you only make a quick trip to the grocery store. Yes, you can
get harmful UV rays even while driving your car!
4. Keep your skin clean. Use a soft warm cloth. Skin does not require scrubbing. You will do more
harm than good if you do.
5. Exfoliate dead skin cells every night.
6. Create your own facial masks. Here are a couple of excellent masks that you can create with
ingredients right from your kitchen: Oatmeal mask: Mix oatmeal with skim milk and apply.
Eggs: A raw egg yolk makes an excellent face mask. Try adding a little honey to the egg yolk for
a change of pace. Mayonnaise makes another terrific face mask and will leave your skin feeling
7. Use an antioxidant cream. You are bombarded every day with environmental toxins that attack
the surface of your skin. In fact most damage to the skin can be attributed to free radicals.
When you expose yourself to toxins like air pollution free radical production increases.
Apply an antioxidant cream to your skin before applying your sun screen.
8. The best cure for wrinkles is to never have them in the first place! If you are like most
of us, you didn't listen to your Mum when she tried to tell you to stay in the shade, stand
up straight and stop squinting!
9. Stop shaving your legs and use hot wax. Much gentler on your skin.
10. Mix up a tablespoon of brandy along with a smashed up peach and apply to your face for twenty
minutes then rinse. Makes for a great summer facial.
Simon is webmaster and editor of http://www.naturalremedies4u.com. If you enjoyed this article, visit http://www.naturalremedies4u.com/beauty.php for more great health and beauty information.
To sign up for our free newsletter, visit http://www.be-prepared.naturalremedies4u.com
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input