The Manicure - More than Pretty Nails!
Pretty and well cared for hands are more than a delight to the eye.
In the business world the two things often considered the most important in presenting yourself, are a good pair of shoes and well-groomed hands. Our hands say a lot about us and well-groomed hands make a good impression. Business and social occasions often require us to meet and greet colleagues and acquaintances. The first thing we do when we met someone is hold out a hand to greet the person.
Taking care of your hands with a regular manicure will add more than style to your appearance; it will also keep your hands well-groomed and prepared for all occasions. Whether you choose a full spa manicure or opt for an at-home treatment you need to follow a few guidelines to ensure that your hands are your best assets.
The manicure: Ultimate pampering at home or at the spa
1. At home or at the spa start with a comfortable place to sit. Soak each hand in a bowl filled with warm water and perhaps a few drops of your favourite aromatherapy oil.
2. Remove hands from the water and dry with a clean towel. Carefully clip and file the nails and clean gently around the cuticle area. Rinse hands and gently pat dry.
3. While the hands are still moist apply a light scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. Rinse the hands again in the warm water and wipe completely dry.
4. Apply a good moisturiser or lotion to the hands and wrists. This is a good time to enjoy a relaxing hand massage. Allow the moisturiser to penetrate.
5. Leave fingernails natural or apply nail polish.
Handy Notes: One of the very best ways to care for your nails is to eat a healthy diet. Boitin rich foods such as eggs, soy, whole grains and liver are reputed to promote healthy nails. Foods rich in sulphur minerals like apples, cucumbers, grapes, garlic and onions are also a must for strong nail growth. The essentials oils in salmon, seeds, nuts and tuna all help to keep nail shiny and pliable. A daily moisturiser will prevent those ragged cuticles and hangnails.
Spas in Canada Copyright 2005
Angie Kocsi is co-founder of http://www.spasincanada.ca
After many years enjoying spas in Europe and drawing upon her knowledge of the corporate world along with an successful career in Public Relations and International Marketing Spas in Canada was created.
The Spas in Canada
website provides a place where premier spas and industry professionals offer useful information and links for all spa lovers everywhere.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input