The Pedicure - A Treat for Your Feet!
So often we take our feet for granted as they carry us around each and every day. We pamper our hair and faces but tend not to give our feet a second thought. Until the time arrives when we get a remainder in the form of aching arches or even a more serous foot condition. Taking care of our feet with a regular pedicure will add more than pep to your step; it will also keep some of those unhealthy foot conditions at bay.
Pretty and well cared for feet are more than a delight to the eye. A pedicure can be a wonderful form of pampering; it can lift your spirits and soothe your feet at the same time. Whether you choose a full spa pedicure or opt for an
at-home treatment your feet will thank you for it!
The pedicure: Ultimate pampering at home or at the spa
1. At home or at the spa start with a comfortable place to sit. A footbath or large bowl filled with warm water and perhaps therapeutic mineral salts. As you soak your feet for 10 minutes or so, listen to music, read a book or just relax and enjoy the sensation of the water.
2. Remove feet from the water and dry with a soft clean towel. Clip and file the toenails carefully and clean gently around cuticles. Rinse feet and gently pat dry.
3. While the feet are still moist apply a foot scrub to remove any hard skin or calluses from the areas around the heels especially. A pumice stone may also be used at this point. Rinse the feet in the warm water. Wipe feet dry paying special attention to the areas between the toes.
4. Apply a good moisturiser or lotion to the feet and ankle area. Steady massaging stokes will give you a relaxing and therapeutic foot treatment. Allow the lotion or cream moisturizer to soak into the skin.
5. Leave toes nails natural or apply the latest nail polish.
Foot Notes: Schedule your spa pedicure in advance. Many spas and salons take walk-in customers; however, you’ll have less stress and far less chance of a long wait if you make an appointment in advance. Bring a pair of sandals with fully open toes. Allow a full hour for your pedicure. You may be done in 30-40 minutes; however, you don’t want to rush it and you’ll want to make sure your toe nail polish is completely dry before leaving. Bear in mind that you may be sitting in an open area with your feet elevated. For your own comfort plan what you wear accordingly!
Spas in Canada © Copyright 2005
Angie Kocsi is co-founder of Spas in Canada
After many years enjoying spas in Europe and drawing upon her knowledge of the corporate world along with an successful career in Public Relations and International Marketing Spas in Canada was created.
The Spas in Canada website provides a place where premier spas and industry professionals offer useful information for all spa lovers everywhere.
For information on where to find premier Spas in Canada
and what to expect from the experience contact the spa team.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input