Beauty - Is It Really Only Skin Deep?
We are in the age of cosmetology, plastic surgery, implants and a constant barrage from TV and magazines that want to sell us beauty and weight loss products. It is an enormously profitable industry that keeps us spellbound for the next new thing that will take away our wrinkles or firm our skin or help us lose weight.
Unfortunately society all over the world from the deepest, most remote areas of the planet to modern society will judge you by how you look. It is true! We all do it, some more than others. When you are walking through a mall or standing in line somewhere you are assessing people around you. When we are looking for a job we dress to impress. When we go out for an evening we dress to impress. Women usually pay more attention to detail then men.
But there is more to beauty then cosmetics and clothes. If you are very healthy looking then you are more likely to give a good impression. If you are a good listener, helpful or witty and cheerful, people are more likely to want to be around you. Cosmetics and clothing can definitely help but I suggest starting from the inside out.
1) Get plenty of sleep. This is a must. You cannot function properly when you are tired and it will show on your face. If you have a problem with getting enough sleep then you need to investigate the cause and handle it accordingly.
2) Drink plenty of water. Most people are semi dehydrated and don't get enough water daily.
3) Eat healthy food. Give up the junk and sugar foods. Your metabolism will be working better if you eat regular healthy meals.
4) You may want to consider taking supplements to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
5) Exercise. Our bodies need to move. We have become somewhat of a couch potato society. Have you noticed that when you are lazy you are less likely to want to get up and do anything? Exercising 30 minutes three times a week should help you lose weight and keep healthy.
6) Manicures and pedicures and keeping your body clean will keep you healthy and will be appreciated by others.
7) Keep up with the times on fashion. You don't want the outdated look.
8) Dress for your age. At 12 you don't need to look 20, or if your 50, you don't need to look 18. Be well dressed for your age.
9) If you need help with hair and makeup, find an expert to help you with that.
10) And finally, smile. No one really cares to be near Mr. or Mrs. Grumpy.
Some people naturally do all or most of these things, but if you aren't one of them then look at what would motivate you to do this. Do you have a spouse you want to look good for? Are you single and want to attract someone? Do you have children or grandchildren you want to be healthier and be a good role model for?
There is an awesome motivational poster that inspired me to write about this subject. Get healthy, and be happy.
Willie is a freelance writer, researcher, floral designer, and artist. Thanks very much for reading this far.
"Make sure you enroll in the free motivational poster drawing at http://www.artinspires.com/. All winners receive a free framed print."
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input