Foundation Top Picks!
Hi, I'm the Fashion & Beauty Consultant for Estate Jewelry International where we don't just sell jewelry but "pamper" the whole you!
It's always tough finding the "perfect" foundation for your skin type, color, and texture. Some products are heavy,some don't cover so well, others don't blend well. We'll review a few of the products which we tried.
* Laura Mercier tint moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling fresh. Comes in 7 shades all very natural. It has an SPF of 20 and is fortified with age-defying antioxidants.
* Elizabeth Arden tint moisturizer blends easily with enough coverage that you don't feel naked. It doesn't build up on dry patches. Demotologist tested. It has a SPF of 15
* Hydramax tint moisturizer is a lightweight hydrating lotion balancing moisture and coverage with natural-colour tint. Extract of Butterfly Lavender helps boost hydration by stimulating the water-trapping proteins essential for skin's proper moisture balance. Comes in 2 shades.
* Bobbi Brown tint moisturizer won the "Best New Foundation" award in Nov 2004 in Health Magazine. This formula is rich and luxurious so its perfect for anyone with extra dry skin. It blends easily and gives skin light coverage. Deeply moisturizes skin, to help reduce the look of fine lines. Dermatologist tested.
* Avon tint moisturizer is great for younger skin, however it has a tendency to stick out like a sore thumb on dry skin. I tried applying it as a foundation with a make up sponge and as a moisturiser using my fingertips and both times my skin looked terrible. It has a nice feel and a pleasant floral scent but the overall look it gave me was not natural in any way, the dry spots on my face seemed to show badly. Perhaps better suited for pre 40's skin.
* Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk liquid foundation is lush yet feather light with a very sheer texture. It is exceptional at correcting discoloration, elimating redness and blotchiness. Comes in 14 shades.
* L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation is a nice light weight and has terrific texture. No oils, fragrences or pore clogging materials. Contains vitamins B & E as well as glycerin to nourish the skin. Available in 24 colors.
* Laura Mercier liquid foundation is water based yet exceptionally creamy with a nice smooth finish. It has great coverage for a non oil based product. It isn't greasy or drying and the color matches well. Application is best with a sponge, and you can get more or less coverage depending on how much you apply. Takes a few minutes to set.
* Revlon Age Defying liquid foundation has great coverage and does not feel heavy. It does have a fragrance which does not go away. May hot be the best choice if your skin is at all oily. By mid day face may tend to feel oily and some experience "zit" outbreaks. It has an SPF of 30. Limited colors.
* T Leclerc Hydrating Fluid liquid foundation is best applied with a sponge or fingers. Its super thin so you hardly know its there. Comes in 6 shades. It has an SPF of 8.
* Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is my all time favourite foundation. It gives great coverage but you feel like you've got nothing on. It's lighweight and easy to apply. I find it's best applied with fingers. If your skins a little on the dry side apply a moisturizer and then the mousse and it says light weight. It lasts all day and I've never had a break out using this product. It's advertised as a revolutionary whipped formula and that describes its texture perfetly. Available in 10 shades.
* Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse is easy to apply and it never looks cakey or thick. Good coverage for such a sheer foundation. Great for dry skin. If you have oily or dry skin you may find yourself oily by mid day. I must say the smell can be a little harsh. If your at all sensative to smells have a whiff before buying. Dermatologist, clinically, allergy tested. Recommended for all skin types, except extra-oily.
* Erno Laszlo Absolute Finish Finishing Mousse Foundation is water free, air whipped providing flawless coverage. It is good for almost all skin types except for very oily skin and those that have a sensitivity to salicylic acid. Its very light and coverage can be sheer to complete. Stays on all day. Its a water free air whipped. Contains Emu Oil and essential fatty acids for non greasy moisturizing. Antioxidants vitamin A, C, & E to defend against free radical damage. It has UVA and UVB protection, and it is Dermatologist tested.
Wouldn't life be grand if one product worked for all of us. However, that's not the case so although I try and review products I cannot tell you how they will work on your skin. Most reputable cosmetic companies will refund or exchange a product if you are unhappy with it. When you find a product that works for you stay with it.
Remember your fashion statement includes the whole you from your hair to the polish on your toes, from your hat to your shoes, from your earrings to the rings on your fingers. So be sure to let the world know who you are and Make Your Fashion Statement!
Sher Matsen from Estate Jewelry International have been serving customers for over 20 years, providing affordable estate jewelry, and a wealth of information on jewelry, fashion, designers, and beauty with on staff industry professionals. Please visit us at http://www.estatejewelryinternational.com/
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input