Skin Care: Caring for your Skin in Cold Weather
When temperatures drop it is time to think of how cold weather, chilling winds and dry air will affect your skin. We naturally think of bundling up during those frosty months but there are a few other considerations.
1. Keep your face protected by using heavier moisturizers, especially if you have dry skin. Always wear foundation when weathering the cold - give your face that extra protection. Don't forget the rest of your skin and use body washes instead of harsh soaps. Use lukewarm water and keep hot water off your face and body - it's drying in the best of times. Apply moisturizer after showering, while you skin is still damp.
2. During the winter the UV rays reflecting off the snow have an added ability to damage your skin. While skiing, snowboarding or enjoying any outdoor sports remember to wear a SPF of 15 or more. Don't forget that UV rays can harm your eyes as well, so keep them protected with sunglasses.
3. Keep your hands dry and warm during the winter months by always wearing gloves and keep moisturizer close at all times and reapply often.
4. Winter is the worst time of the year to keep nails in good shape. To avoid brittle nails moisturize your cuticles before going to bed (I use olive oil). Always protect your hands with rubber gloves when you use cleaning products. Some are harsh and will seep into your nails and make them brittle.
5. Keep your lips protected from dry, cold air by wearing lipstick regularly. Make a habit of reapplying lipstick so your lips area always covered (except when you sleep) and you will never have chapped lips.
6. Exfoliate your face and body regularly to smooth away dry patches or prevent them.
7. Visit a spa and get pampered.
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who teaches women how to dress to suit their body type and look slimmer. You can visit her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook 'Image Makeovers' and get 'How to Build a Wardrobe' free.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Beauty&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable
in /srv/disk5/beautique/www/beautique.awardspace.co.uk/inc/rss.inc on line 80
could not open XML input